Private Firearms Use – Pricing and Information
You are welcome to use your own firearms at Sunset Hill Shooting Range. In order to be allowed on the range, you must be a member and complete a Safety Briefing for the type of firearm you will be shooting. Safety Briefings are valid for 6 months from your last visit.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SAFELY LOAD, UNLOAD, AND CLEAR YOUR WEAPON OR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SHOOT. YOU ALSO MUST POSSESS BASIC SHOOTING SKILLS ON YOUR FIREARM(S). THE RANGEMASTER OR THE RSO WILL MAKE THE FINAL DETERMINATION.
IN THE EVENT YOU ARE DENIED ACCESS TO THE MEMBER RANGE, YOU ARE FREE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR RENTAL GALLERY WHERE YOU WILL BE ASSIGNED AN INSTRUCTOR. INSTRUCTORS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE FOR PRIVATE INSTRUCTION WITH ADVANCE RESERVATION OR BASED ON INSTRUCTOR AVAILABILITY.
Valid Photo ID is required of everyone 18 years or older in order to be allowed on the range, including Observers. Copies or images of ID are not acceptable.
Under 13: Cannot Shoot Private Firearms
13 to 17: Rifles and Shotguns only. No Handguns. Parent or Guardian over 21 years old required.
18 to 20: Rifles, Shotguns and Handguns. Parent or Guardian over 21 years old required for Handguns.
Over 21: Rifles, Shotguns and Handguns.
Lane Rental: $15.00 per hour. Additional shooters sharing same lane @ $10.00 per hour per person. Maximum 3 shooters per lane.
Safety Briefing(s): $15.00 each. (Rifle, Pistol & Shotgun)
Eye & Ear Protection: $5.00 (Rental per day). Eye & Ear Protection is also available for purchase.
Instruction: $35.00 per half hour, based on availability. (In addition to Range & Lane fees.)
Trap (Shotgun): 5 Clays for $4.00; 25 Clays for $12.50
Targets, Ammunition, etc: See counter staff in store for pricing
$49.00 One Day Range Package. One Day Package includes:
- Access to the Range, including Trap, for one person for one day;
- Lane rental for up to one hour. Additional lane time @ $15.00 per hour, based on availability;
- Safety Briefing which includes review of basic firearms safety, proper gun handling, and range rules. (Safety Briefings required for each type of firearm used – Rifle, Pistol and Shotgun. Safety Briefings by type of firearm used are not required for subsequent visits with 6 months of last visit. Average briefing lasts 10 to 15 minutes);
- Choice of rifle or pistol lane, based on availability;
- Pistol lanes include first paper target FREE;
- Loaner Eye and Ear Protection provided FREE.