Bringing Your Own Firearms?
Private Firearms Use – Pricing and Procedure
You are welcome to use your own firearms at Sunset Hill Shooting Range.
Valid Photo I.D. is required of everyone 18 or older.
Under 13 - Cannot Shoot.
13->17 - Rifles and Shotguns only. No Handguns. Parental supervision (21 +).
18->20 - Rifles, Shotguns, and Handguns. Parental Supervision (21 +) for Handguns.
21+ - Rifles, Shotguns, and Handguns.
Pricing and Membership Information
*$40 First time fee. This fee breaks down into the following
- $15 Safety Briefing (This lasts 15-20 minutes based on individual experience)
- $10 Year long Membership (Good from the day you join to that same day next year)
- $15 Daily Range Fee.
*$15 daily Range Fee for returning valid members.
**Please keep in mind that these fees are for each person shooting, as each person is becoming a member of the range. Anyone coming just to observe and not shoot is not responsible for these fees. Prices are subject to change **
There are a few possible additional costs that you may incur when shooting here. They are listed below.
- Short range pulley bays for handguns run an additional $5/Hour and require a $10 deposit. The deposit is returned so long as the bay is not damaged. These bays are the only thing on the range with a time limit attached to them. Pulley bays may be shared, meaning that a group of two does not have to rent multiple bays if they have two handguns with them, for instance.
- If you use a pulley bay, there will be one target already available in that bay. Additional targets are available for $1.50 per target, or you can always bring in your own handgun targets if you prefer and use as many of them as you like.
- $1.00 for the rental of a spotting scope for as long as you are here.
- If you are trap shooting with a shotgun, there is an additional charge of $5.00 for every 25 shots. This fee is paid at the end of your time shooting.
- $3.00 per person for hearing and eye protection. If you have your own safety equipment, you are welcome to use it here.
You are welcome to bring your own ammunition with you if you are using your own firearms, or you can purchase ammunition from us.
- All ammunition must be factory new.
- NO HAND-LOADED OR RELOADED ROUNDS PERMITTED.
- No TulAmmo permitted.
- NO TRACERS, STEEL CORE, INCENDIARY GAS OR EXPLOSIVE AMMO PERMITTED.
The three major restrictions on firearms allowed on the range are:
- We cannot accept .50bmg caliber rifles on the range. Anything up to that size is permissible. A .50 handgun is still permissible.
- There is no full auto or burst fire on the range. All firearms must be semi-automatic or lower.
- All rifles and shotguns must have a proper butt stock. Pistol grip rifles and pistol grip shotguns without a proper stock cannot be used on the range.